Introduction to SCIS Data
New to the school library? Or simply need a refresher? This 1-hour webinar provides an overview of how SCIS can support the provision of a more effective library service to the school community. The following will be covered:
- What is available to school libraries through a SCIS subscription
- How to use the 'Quick scan' page to download catalogue records and book cover images
- How to order records for resources without ISBNs (for example, educational websites and apps)
- Setting up Z39.50 cataloguing
- How to search for records in SCIS Data using basic, advanced and browse search functions
- How to have records added to the SCIS database, including using the SCIS Cataloguing Service and Online Cataloguing Request System.
Introduction to SCIS Data is the first webinar in The Collections Series. The Collections Series will teach school library staff everything they need to know about the Schools Catalogue Information Service (SCIS) and cataloguing. Each of these unique webinars is a standalone session – attend just one webinar or all four sessions!
- Introduction to SCIS Data
- Making the most of SCIS
- Using SCIS to enhance teaching and learning
- The uniqueness of SCIS cataloguing standards.
Can't make it to the session? A recording of the webinar will be emailed to all registered participants after it has been held.
Cancellation policy: Submission of the online booking form is considered a firm registration. All Terms & Conditions can be found here.
About the Instructors
Cataloguing team leader, SCIS
Renate has worked for SCIS since 2018. A qualified teacher librarian, Renate worked in secondary school libraries for 20 years before teaching library and information services at Box Hill TAFE. She is passionate about ensuring that schools receive the quality data needed to empower information discovery for students.