Using SCIS to enhance teaching and learning
This 1-hour webinar will introduce participants to SCIS Data processes and policies which assist school library staff to enhance and support teaching and learning within their schools. The role of cataloguing in effective resource utilisation will be highlighted. Suitable for school library staff who are proficient in the use of SCIS Data. This webinar will cover:
- Collection development policies
- Using SCIS Data search, including basic, advanced and browse searching
- SCIS Data as a resource selection and evaluation tool
- Locating and downloading digital content
- The value of cataloguing standards, including authority-controlled fields.
Using SCIS to enhance teaching and learning is the third webinar in The Collections Series. The Collections Series will teach school library staff everything they need to know about the Schools Catalogue Information Service (SCIS) and cataloguing. Each of these unique webinars is a standalone session – attend just one webinar or all four sessions!
- Introduction to SCIS Data
- Making the most of SCIS
- Using SCIS to enhance teaching and learning
- The uniqueness of SCIS cataloguing standards.
Can't make it to the session? A recording of the webinar will be emailed to all registered participants after it has been held.
Cancellation policy: Submission of the online booking form is considered a firm registration. All Terms & Conditions can be found here.
About the Instructors
Cataloguing team leader, SCIS
Renate has worked for SCIS since 2018. A qualified teacher librarian, Renate worked in secondary school libraries for 20 years before teaching library and information services at Box Hill TAFE. She is passionate about ensuring that schools receive the quality data needed to empower information discovery for students.