Webinar: Digital content in the 21st century library
This one-hour webinar looks at the benefits of cataloguing digital content for use in school libraries. SCIS will demonstrate the most effective way to download digital content records in SCIS Data, and teacher librarian Cathy Costello (Campbelltown Performing Arts High School) will share how she uses and promotes these in the school library setting.
The following topics will be covered:
- Why developing digital collections is essential for the 21st century school library
- How SCIS can be used to select educational and age-appropriate digital content
- Search strategies to find and share relevant, current digital resources in the SCIS catalogue
- Downloading bulk records for recently catalogued digital content
- Promoting digital content to teachers and students
- Making SCIS cataloguing requests via the online cataloguing request form
A recording of the webinar will be emailed to all registered participants after it has been held.
Cancellation policy: Submission of the online booking form is considered a firm registration. All Terms & Conditions can be found here.
About the Instructors
Caroline has worked for SCIS since 2017, and has a background in library systems and technology. Caroline has a Bachelor of Social Science in Librarianship and a Masters of Business (Information Technology).
Teacher librarian, Campbelltown Performing Arts High School
Cathy is passionate about school libraries leading learning in the digital age. She has 20 years’ experience working in school libraries and is the coordinator of the South Western Sydney School Library Network. Cathy holds secondary teaching qualifications together with a Master of Education (Teacher Librarianship).